From the bottom of my heart, to all and everyone who has been involved in the success of Heart in Oregon and Heart Sticker,
The KGW Movers and Makers spot was a big moment for us here. Below are a few people to whom we would like to give thanks, plus a listing of providers of the cool Heart in Oregon products that were on the spot, but are not available through our website.
The idea was simple… What can I do service my existing in Oregon in the tough economy of 2003, until I found a “real” job that would carry me all the way? I decided to create a cool sticker and sell them for $2 each to make ends meet until I found that job. That thought was just the beginning of our story. How did we get from there to here? With a lot of help from a lot of people. Here is a thank you, and reference to them, should you need their magic skills.
- Mary Kelly the amazing artist that finalized the Heart in Oregon layout.
- All of my friends and family members who suggested or participated in such things as: “Green Heart, cut into Oregon shape”, sharing stickers with 1000s, helping with funding, packaging orders, tolerating me, and so much more. “Keep close to your friends, you’re going to need them in the end,” and everywhere between here and there.
- Mercy Corp NW, Small Business Development Center, and Score for introducing me to new business concepts and arranging them in the right order.
- TravelOregon and TravelPortland are both awesome.
- All those customers who took a chance on our product. And to those who still are.
- All those folks who worked for the business, whether it be for a long or short time.
- To all of us who love this beautiful land called Oregon. Isn’t she amazing? Let’s do our best to preserve her as best we can for future generations and us too.
Here are few of the stores who carry our products. Buy from them first and often:
- Made in Oregon https://madeinoregon.com/
- Powell’s Books http://www.powells.com/
- Tillamook Ice Creamery https://www.tillamook.com/
- Travel Mart Your Northwest http://www.yournw.com/travel-mart (PDX)
- Hirons Drugs http://www.hironsdrug.com/
Here are a few of the Heart in Oregon items that are not sold by us directly. You can contact these folks for location or direct purchase:
- Prink Technology – laser etched items https://www.prinktech.com/
- ZymoGear – Beer items: Growlers & Pint Glasses https://www.zymogear.com/
- Columbia Empire Farms – Jams & Snacks https://www.columbiaempirefarms.com/
- It’s in my heart – Bike shirts and attire http://www.itsinmyheart.com/
- Broken Top Candle Co. – Candles http://brokentopcandleco.com/
- NuvoGlass – Upcycled glass drinkware and candle holders https://www.nuvoglas.com/
- Wy’East Metal Works – Steal trinkets https://www.etsy.com/people/wyeastweldworks
- Infinity Impression – Shirt printers http://www.infinityimpressions.com/
- Badge Bomb – Button and magnets https://www.badgebomb.com/
- Glass Tech – Glassware providers http://www.glasstechweb.com/
Again, thank you all and have a great remaining 2016.
Movers and Makers – Chris Bucci